Hosted by the University of Victoria?s Department of French in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, the 7th International Conference on Second Language Pedagogies (SLPC7) will explore pedagogical approaches, research-informed practices and scholarly research focused on second/foreign language and learning as they relate to current post-secondary education contexts. SLPC7 will provide an opportunity to discuss successes, challenges and emerging models related to the teaching and learning of second and foreign languages, as well as offer a rich environment for further collaboration among participants. Proposals are invited for academic papers (20 minutes), interactive workshops on innovative practices (60 minutes) and panels (60 minutes, 3-4 presenters) on the following topics or others related to the general theme of the conference.
- curriculum (re) design for an interconnected society
- language, multiliteracies and technology
- innovative instructional methods
- language studies for civic engagement and social justice
- digital scholarship within language learning contexts
Abstracts (maximum 300 words) should be submitted by October 31st, 2017