|The Department of the Arts and Humanities of the University of Cologne is currently seeking to fill the position of a PhD Student in the Collaborative Research Center 1252 "Prominence in Language" starting 03/01/2017 with a weekly working time of 25,89 hours (65% position). The initial contract will be until 2/31/2020. The salary is based on the German E13 TV-L scale if terms and conditions under collective bargaining law are fulfilled.
PhD student for the project A05 "Prominence marking and language contact in Spanish".
The tasks include:
- Preparing and conducting elicitation experiments for Spanish, including two month-long field work trips to Mexico,
- Annotating and analyzing regional Spanish speech data and acceptability judgments, including statistical analyses,
- Presenting results at international conferences and making them available to the research community.
The applicant should:
- Have experience with software tools for the analysis and annotation of speech data,
- Be familiar with experimental and/or statistical methods,
- Be capable of quickly adapting to new research topics,
- Be capable of working independently and self-motivated, in a team and at the interface to related projects,
- Have a high command of Spanish and English in speaking and writing.
- You have earned a university degree.
The University of Cologne is an equal opportunities employer. Applications of women are especially encouraged. Handicapped candidates will be given priority in case of equal professional qualification.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, and copies of the relevant university degree. Please send all documents as a single PDF.