The Department of Languages and Literatures invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Spanish with a focus on linguistics to begin August, 2017.
Duties of the position include:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Spanish language and Spanish linguistics.
- Conduct program of scholarly research in area of expertise.
- Provide academic advisement.
- Contribute to departmental functioning through committee service.
- Contribute to the discipline and university.
- Ph.D. in Spanish conferred by August 2017
- Primary expertise in Spanish linguistics
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- Potential for excellence in teaching Spanish language and Spanish linguistics to undergraduates.
- Potential to establish a productive program of scholarly work in Spanish linguistics.