The School of Communication and Culture at Aarhus University invites applications for the position of assistant professor in Spanish with special emphasis on Latin American and Spanish culture, media and society in a contemporary context.
The assistant professorship is a full-time, three-year position; and subject to the availability of funding, an associate professorship in the same field will be announced in open competition at the end of the three-year term.
The appointment starts on 1 August 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Place of employment is Jens Chr. Skous Vej, 8000 Aarhus C.
The successful applicant must be able to document:
- A PhD or equivalent within the field of Latin American and Spanish culture, media and society
- A relevant and internationally oriented publication profile
- Research within the field of cultural studies related to the Spanish-speaking world. Latin American culture must be included
- Relevant teaching experience at university level
- Experience of participation in collective research projects, international networks and interdisciplinary collaboration will be an advantage
- Experience of supervising student projects
The successful applicant must be able to teach courses in English.
In addition, it is an advantage if the applicant has performed some administrative tasks in his/her former employment.
If the successful applicant is not already a speaker of Danish, he or she will be expected to learn Danish within a period of approximately two years to participate fully in the activities of the department.
In order to maintain and develop the research environment at the department, the person appointed is expected to be present at the department on a daily basis. Participation in the daily life of the department is a high priority, and we emphasise the importance of good working relationships, both among colleagues and with our students.
The application must be uploaded in English.