Trabajo - Ofertas
 Volver a la lista
Puesto  Comparte
Assistant or Associate Professor of Spanish 
Department of Spanish, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) 
Lugar   País
Seúl  Corea del Sur
Department of Spanish
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS)
107 Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02450
Republic of Korea 
Fecha de publicación   Fecha límite
29 de abril de 2017  9 de mayo de 2017 
Página web 
Correo electrónico 

1. Period: September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018
(The contract may be extended every 1 year)

2. Qualifications
1) Theory Faculty (teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
2) Language Faculty(teaching conversational skills)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Language Faculty, the faculty member should be one who has master degree or higher conferred and has more than 2 years full time teaching experience (after the degree) at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, and who speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University. (Research and teaching experience converts in accordance to the ratio table of the personnel regulations of the University.)

3. Salary
Full Professor: 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor: 4,668,100 KRW
Assistant Professor: 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will apply.)
(Foreign Language Education Center: Full professor 3,637,400 KRW, Associate Professor 3,243,000 KRW, Assistant Professor 1) 2,836,000 KRW, 2) 2,430,900 KRW and monthly 800,000 KRW Housing Fee Support)

- The position can be different from the present position in your country.
- Additional payment for any extra teaching load shall be made on the basis of the pay-scale for foreign instructors. In case the foreign faculty teaches less than the minimum required load, the salary payment will be deducted based on the deficiency.

4. Minimum load of teaching hours
- Theory Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week, of which four hours or more should be at the department/division and/or at the graduate school for which s/he is primarily employed.
- Language Faculty should teach a minimum of twelve hours a week.

- The faculty member should be present at the University for four days or more each week.

Comentarios 5. Airfare Support: One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul
(economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse only)

- Airplane tickets should be purchased from the Travel agency introduced by the University. (Wonil Agency, - 02-723-5727,

- If faculty member purchases air tickets not from Wonil Agency but from other travel agencies, the amount of the reimbursement for air tickets will be decided by comparing the purchase price to the estimated ticket price of Wonil agency. And the cheaper price will be reimbursed.

- Airfare support does not apply to those who is already staying in Korea. And a faculty member in Foreign Language Education Center.

- In case of professor's resignation before expiration date of the contract, the travel expenses should be paid back to University.

6. Accomodations: Dormitory for foreign faculty members(single/family size)

7. Required Documents
- Resume in English
- 3 recent photos
- Research/publications list in English
- Certificate of criminal records in English
- Certificate of Employment in English(positions should be identified)
- Certificate of Career in English(positions should be identified)
* Positions should be specified as one of followings - part-time lecturer, full-time lecturer(former), assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor
* If he or she has previous career experience as a part-time lecturer, the weekly teaching hours should be stated on the certificate of employment/career.
- A letter of recommendation in English
(issued by the organization or university where he/she's employed.)
- Photo Copy of diplomas(BA, MA, Ph.D)
* It should be translated into Korean or English(Requirements for Immigrations Office) - Copy of passport
* If coming with family members, documents below should be added:
- Certificate of marriage
- Certificate of children's birth
- Family member's photos
- Family member's copy of passport
- Degree verification form(Signed consent form and etc.)
- Medical certificate for tuberculosis(you need to hand in when you apply for Visa at the Korean Embassy in your country)

8. Submission Deadline
All required documents must be received by May 9th, 2017.

9. Contract Renewal System for Foreign Faculty
- In order to renew a contract, department consensus and fulfillment of research requirement are necessary.

[Contract Renewal Standard - Points according to HUFS Research Points Policy]
Category Research Points
Theory Faculty Minimum of 120 points per year
Language Faculty Minimum of 100 points per year

* For foreign faculty members in Science related fields: 2 SCI, SCIE, SCOPUS papers are required at the third year renewal of contract.(Foreign faculty members in College of Natural Sciences & College of Engineering)
* Theory professors except in Science related fields are required more than one domestic(accredited journal) or international general journal or a prominent international academic journal at the fifth year renewal of contract.

10. System for staying abroad
- For foreign faculty member, in principle, the length of stay for any return trip home should not exceed one month.
- However, depending on the personal situation, the faculty member may stay abroad two consecutive months during the four month period of recesses(summer and winter) at his/her discretion.

* For example: In an academic year, if a faculty member stays abroad during the summer recess for two months, he or she has to stay in Korea during the winter recess.
- When going abroad during the semester or recess for some reasons, the faculty member should submit an ?Overseas Travel Permit? to the Office of Academic Affairs by online(University Intranet system).

11. HUFS Faculty Research Grant
- incentives are provided for the professors who write the journals at the level of SCI(E) and Domestic prominent journals if a published article is submitted only when a foreign faculty member is being employed by the HUFS.
- Amount of grant and the number of support for each of the journals are in accordance with the University research support rule.
- Inquiries: Research Support Team (82-2-2173-2053~5)

 Volver a la lista