|Chenope is an American startup with a presence in Edinburgh. Our work focuses on analysing the behaviour of different kinds of organisations, ranging from corporations to criminal groups. We are building our business in the traditional way ? with real customers and real revenue. We have a large client who requires Spanish language support for one of our offerings. We thus currently have a need for a Spanish linguist to work on topic / sentiment categorisation for purposes of understanding large volumes of employee comments. Various Spanish dialects will be reflected in the initial data set; we anticipate that it will be mostly LatAm Spanish, however there will be Castilian as well.
The position is temporary, with the possibility of transition to full time employment, as Chenope is always on the lookout for bright linguists and computational linguists, and our needs for Spanish may be expanding. The contract is expected to commence in December, and is anticipated to last at least 5 months.
While the work could be done remotely, we strongly prefer someone in the Edinburgh or San Francisco Bay Area.
- Native-level of Spanish (Latin American Spanish is strongly preferred)
- Ability to abstract over linguistic data (syntax, semantics)
- Prior experience doing topic / sentiment categorisation a big plus
- Prior scripting or query-writing experience a big plus
- Working experience in a large corporation a big plus
- Availability for at least 15 hrs a week, for 5 months
Please note that all applicants must have the right to work in the UK/US.
If interested, please send a CV with relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries can be sent to Katya Saint-Amand (see contact information below).