Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE).
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Arizona seeks to fill a tenure track position in the second language acquisition of Spanish morphosyntax (all major theoretical frameworks will be considered).
The successful candidate will teach four courses a year, including undergraduate and graduate courses in syntax and in second language acquisition, keep an active research agenda and record of publication commensurate with a research-intensive institution, supervise graduate students, assist with recruiting majors, and contribute to other departmental, college and university service.
The Department offers an undergraduate major track in Hispanic Linguistics, a Master and a PhD in Hispanic Linguistics and has close collaborations with the PhD in SLAT (Second Language Acquisition and Teaching) and the Department of Linguistics.
- PhD in Hispanic Linguistics, linguistics or related field with an area of specialization in the second language acquisition of morphosyntax in hand at time of appointment.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level.
- Demonstrated scholarly achievement or significant scholarly potential.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish.
- Record of publication.
- Experience teaching courses in Hispanic Linguistics.
- Experience working with first generation students and heritage language learners.
For your application to be considered complete, please submit the following: CV, Cover Letter, In the first additional document slot a 1-page statement of teaching philosophy, and in the second additional document slot a writing sample.
Once you've submitted your application and are selected for an interview, you will receive an email from the TALENT system requesting the contact information for your three references so that they can upload a letter on your behalf. The three professional references that you list will receive an email that will ask them to provide a letter of reference for you. All three reference letters must be uploaded to the TALENT system by the referees.