Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Classical & Modern Languages and Literatures (CMLL) at Mississippi State University seeks to hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics, to begin Fall 2022. Area of sub-specialization is open, but the successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in Spanish, including beginning and intermediate language courses and more advanced courses related to Spanish linguistics. Opportunities for teaching undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in English on general linguistic topics also available.
Anticipated Appointment Date: August 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status: Tenure Track
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned undergraduate and master’s level Spanish courses, including courses in Spanish linguistics within both face-to-face and distance contexts
- Design and teach new courses that build upon the existing offerings of the Spanish program
- Collaborate with scholars across campus in terms of research and teaching to advance the existing Spanish curriculum and program offerings
- Publish research and present professional papers in reputable venues.
- Recruit, advise, and mentor face-to-face and distance graduate and undergraduate students; promote the department’s graduate program.
- Participate in department, college, university, professional, and/or community service activities.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated record of both scholarly publications and professional achievements, or clear promise thereof.
- Documented record of success in teaching beginning and intermediate Spanish courses.
- Demonstrated excellence in instruction of courses in Spanish linguistics.
- Experience with grants that support the humanities and other interdisciplinary fields of study.
- Experience and/or promise to design, develop, and deliver distance courses in synchronous and asynchronous modes.
- Experience with language proficiency assessment, proficiency-oriented teaching, and ACTFL standards that guide language instruction and curricular development.
- ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS): Yes
Applications must be made online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. Please attach a cover letter addressed to Dr. Robert West, Interim Department Head; a full curriculum vitae; a statement of research; and an unofficial copy of transcripts for each degree earned. Social Security number should be redacted prior to submitting transcripts online. In addition, please send three letters of recommendation to the following email address: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin December 10, 2021.
Note: original transcripts for all degrees will be required upon employment.
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before beginning employment with the University.