Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start‐up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
The Department of Modern Languages & Literatures (MLL) at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Spanish Peninsular Contemporary Literary and Cultural Studies. The appointment begins in August 2022.
California State University, Fullerton values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research, and/or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties include: teaching all levels of Spanish, but primarily upper-division and graduate-level courses in Spanish Peninsular literature and culture; and producing research commensurate with the requirements for tenure in their area of expertise. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities.
- Superior (ACTFL) proficiency in Spanish
- Ph.D. in Spanish by the start of the appointment. Advanced ABDs considered. If ABD, please have your dissertation committee chair provide a letter indicating your progress to date and detailing a timeline to completion.
- Specialization in Contemporary Peninsular Literary and Cultural Studies
- Ability to balance excellent teaching, scholarship, and service
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the college or university level
- Evidence of the ability to use instructional technology effectively
- Strong and clear research agenda
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and collegially with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues
- Three academic years (i.e., 6 semesters or 12 quarters) of experience teaching at the college or university level is highly desirable
- Additional background in areas such as theater, translation, interpretation, Hispanic media, or other interdisciplinary fields is highly desirable
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php, choose full-time faculty, search for Job #505522 to begin the application process, and provide the following required materials:
- Letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- Candidate statement on commitment to inclusive excellence. This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of this statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (uploaded PDF copies; official transcripts will be required of all finalists)
- Research statement in which you describe your research program and discuss how students can be incorporated into your research
- A writing sample or samples (e.g., PDF copies of published or forthcoming articles or book chapters, or dissertation chapters; in Spanish and/or English)
- Teaching portfolio including a teaching statement, sample course syllabi, and teaching evaluation samples
- A list of three references with relevant contact information.
All applicants will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Professor Reyes Fidalgo, MLL Department Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.