Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The School of International Letters and Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University invites applications for the position of Instructor in the area of Spanish with appointment beginning Dec. 26, 2022 (Spring Semester 2023).
Essential Functions: The successful candidate will be expected to teach lower-division courses in Spanish curriculum, online, in-person, and/or hybrid, hold office hours, and work closely with the program director and coordinators to prepare class materials, and class assignments. Depending on areas of expertise and need, the candidate may teach upper-division/content course/heritage language/Portuguese. This is an in-person, full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible appointment made on an academic year basis (Aug.16 – May 15). A typical full-time course load is four classes per academic semester. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, the needs of the university, and sufficient enrollment in assigned courses.
The College values cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
- M.A. in Spanish, or related field, by time of appointment.
- Three years’ experience in higher education teaching Spanish language courses.
- Evidence of effective teaching on-line.
- Native/near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion among diverse student populations.
- Ph.D. in Spanish, Spanish and Portuguese, or related field by time of appointment.
- Experience with outreach to diverse communities.
- Provide evidence of proficiency-based approaches to teaching Spanish and the ACTFL proficiency standards.
- Ability to teach Portuguese courses.
- Ability to teach upper-division coursework within our current curriculum. For related information, please see https://silc.asu.edu/degrees/spanish and https://asuonline.asu.edu/online-degree-programs/undergraduate/bachelor-arts-spanish/.
To guarantee full consideration, applicants must apply electronically to: http://apply.interfolio.com/112808 submitting a complete dossier that consists of the following:
- Cover letter outlining teaching philosophy, and how the applicant's experiences fit the qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (quantitative and sample of qualitative data from teaching evaluations).
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Contact information for 3 references.
The applicant’s last name should appear in each uploaded file name. A cover letter can be addressed to Professor Juan Pablo Gil-Osle, Search Committee Chair. The initial application deadline is November 4, 2022. If the position is not filled, applications will be reviewed every week thereafter until the search is closed.
Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: email@example.com