Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Duties of the position include:
- Teach three undergraduate courses per semester in Spanish language/literature/cultures.
- Contribute to department functions through committee service and outreach.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts setting and preparation to teach at the elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels in Spanish.
- Provide academic advisement and mentoring to undergraduates.
Our priority is teaching excellence. We seek candidates with a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts setting and who are prepared to teach at the elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels in Spanish. A commitment to working effectively with students from diverse backgrounds is essential.
- Master’s Degree in Spanish or related field (conferred by August 2024).
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish.
- Primary expertise in, or evidence of, preparation to teach Spanish language, literature, and cultures (one or more of the following: Spain / Latin America / Hispanics in the USA).
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive working/teaching environment.
- Interest in adopting innovative teaching techniques and an interdisciplinary perspective towards global citizenship.
- Experience teaching a variety of Spanish language, literature, and culture courses to undergraduates in the United States.
- Ability to teach Spanish Linguistics and/or Spanish for the Professions courses.
- Experience with ACTFL proficiency guidelines and assessment.
- Experience with student advisement and mentoring.
The initial application should consist of a cover letter that must address the qualifications for the position, a CV and a statement about teaching philosophy. Applicants must supply contact information for 3 references. References will be contacted and invited to submit a letter of recommendation at the time application is completed.
To be guaranteed full consideration, a completed application must be submitted by November 20, 2023.