Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
(Level B) $102,952 to $121,779 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies.
The School of Humanities invites applications for a Lecturer in Spanish Studies.
This position is open to candidates wishing to pursue a teaching-focused role where there is an expectation the candidate can demonstrate the ability to engage students in undergraduate courses, and with the potential of teaching postgraduate courses. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can demonstrate a willingness to work with colleagues on initiatives that contribute to the School, Faculty and University. While this is a teaching-focused role, it would be expected that the incumbent would undertake research.
To be successful you will need:
- Completion of a Masters degree or higher qualification in Romance Languages with postgraduate studies in Spanish culture and/or literature (PhD desirable).
- Fluency in Spanish and English (native or near-native mastery of the Spanish language is desirable).
- Demonstrated ability and familiarity to teach Spanish as a foreign language (Levels A1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR) and to contribute to literature/culture courses in a tertiary setting.
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility of the Spanish discipline within the department.
- Excellent communication skills and active participation in the Department’s culture of teaching and research.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
The University reserves the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.