Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Initial Salary Placement will be Step 3 ($77,041 annually) per the CCC Full-time Faculty bargaining agreement.
At CCC, the World Languages Department encompasses the disciplines of American Sign Language, French, German, and Spanish. The department offers a wide range of Spanish courses for language majors and non-majors and provides dual credit opportunities with thirteen local high schools. The College and the Department have a long-standing history of collective decision-making and does so with a central goal in mind - students must come first.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Instruction & Related Assignments
- Teaches classes as assigned, following approved course outlines.
- Posts and maintains office hours.
- Provides students with course syllabi.
- Prepares courses and materials.
- Reviews and evaluates student progress.
- Communicates regularly to students about their progress and responding to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Consults with students about their course, program, resources at the college, and potential careers.
- Compiles data for routine reports as required by the College.
- Actively participates in assessment processes, and updating courses and curriculum based on assessment results, curriculum review cycles, or externally mandated changes in programs.
- Attends and participates in department, division, and College meetings, and committee concerns.
- Participates in staff development, community services, and project development.
- Works with high school partners to align curriculum and provide support in accordance with the State of Oregon Dual Credit and Sponsored Dual Credit Standards.
- Works with university partners to align curriculum.
- Delivers instruction in a variety of modalities to meet program and student needs including face-to-face, remote, hybrid, and/or online.
- Master's degree in Spanish or a master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours in Spanish language coursework.
- In lieu of a master's degree the college may accept documentation which demonstrates an equivalent level of competence to teach Spanish.
- Demonstrated competency in teaching through experience, educational preparation, or continuing education.
- Demonstrable experience providing culturally responsive instruction.
- Bicultural/multicultural skills sufficient to select appropriate behaviors, values and attitudes within different cultures during interactions with others.
- Demonstrates ability or desire to work with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse students and communities.
- Demonstrates ability or desire to work with a variety of technological media.
- Secondary or post-secondary teaching experience within the past five years
- Bilingual English/Spanish or near native Spanish speaking level.
- Native speaking and writing proficiency in Spanish or, in lieu thereof, "superior" speaking and writing proficiency, as delineated in the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages' proficiency scale.
- Experience designing curricula and assessing student performance in Spanish at the post-secondary level.
- Six or more months of residence in a country where Spanish is the primary spoken language.
- Extensive knowledge of the methodologies, techniques, and trends in regard to teaching a world language.
- Ability to teach an additional language is highly desired.
When applying for this position, you will be required to complete the NeoGov application and attach the following documents.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position and describing how you meet the minimum and special qualifications and requirements of the position
- Completed responses to the Supplemental Questions
- Unofficial Transcripts
- If applicable: Veteran's Preference documentation
Any applications which do not have the required documents attached will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. CCC makes employment decisions based solely on the candidate's demonstrated competencies as related to successful performance in the position.