Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
The Classroom Teacher for Spanish will have the opportunity to teach candidates from Year 7 to Year 9, with scope to focus in the areas in which they are best suited. The incumbent will be expected to hold excellent subject knowledge and to demonstrate first-rate classroom practice, hence ensuring students benefit from exceptional teaching and learning. A highly collaborative nature and strong communication skills will be essential, allowing the development of supportive relationships with staff, students, and parents, as well as a strong departmental team. An enthusiasm to contribute to the extra-curricular and boarding life of the school will also be expected.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A strong and relevant bachelor’s degree from a respected University.
- Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development.
- A postgraduate qualification in education and/or a subject connected to the department.
- Recent subject-related professional development.
- Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including KS3, IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels/IB Diploma.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of globally recognized secondary examinations (GCSE/iGCSE/A Level/IB Diploma).
- Experience of working collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
- Experience of working with young people and meeting their needs.
- The importance of safeguarding in an educational context.
- Well developed ICT skills, with a willingness to apply these to an educational context.
- Experience of working within a successful academic department.
- Knowledge and experience of how to use of ICT effectively in promoting student learning.
- Experience teaching in a cross-cultural, international context and with EAL students.
- Working in a boarding environment .
- Experience in pastoral care and student wellbeing.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities.
A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children.
Harrow International Schools are committed to the safety and protection of children. All employees are expected to comply with our School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Harrow International School, Bengaluru will be the first of a series of Harrow Schools to open across India, in a collaboration between Harrow School, UK and Amity Education Group, a not-for-profit education foundation based in New Delhi, India.
A co-educational boarding and day school, Harrow Bengaluru will have capacity for 1760 students aged 2 to 18, including 960 boarders aged 11 – 18. In the first phase of development, a combined Middle and Senior School (Years 7 – 13) will be opened for pupils aged 11 to 18 years.
The school will blend the Harrow Values of Courage, Honour, Humility and Fellowship with the vibrancy of modern India, offering an exceptional educational experience characterised by world-class academic and extra-curricular opportunities. This, then, is a unique opportunity to plat a role in the development of this new partnership and a new geography for the Harrow Family of Schools, with the support, resource, and experience of two leading educational brands.
Harrow Bengaluru, which will open in August 2023, is currently under construction in Devanhilli, a new part of the city in the northern corridor, close to Bengaluru International Airport. It will offer students from Bengaluru, the Region and throughout India the opportunity to experience a British-style curriculum, learning approach and environment, combining academic excellence with a wide range of extra-curricular activities within a superbly equipped, large modern campus.
Students will broadly follow the National Curriculum for England, leading to IGCSE in Year 11 and A Levels/UIB Diploma in Years 12 and 13. As at Harrow in the UK, the extra-curricular programme will form an integral part of Harrow Bengaluru education with Community links, sports, creativity, and service all playing their part.
Boarding will also be a defining characteristic of the school; spacious, well equipped boarding houses will ensure a strong community aspect to the boarding programme. A vibrant House system will extend to day students as well and will lie at the heart of a comprehensive pastoral care framework, which will support the character development, well-being, and resilience of students at Harrow Bengaluru.
Bengaluru itself is a cosmopolitan, progressive, and well-developed city with a modern metro system and a lively dining and shopping scene. Known as “The Silicon Valley of India”, on account of high concentration of IT companies and a Californian style climate of pleasant summers and mild winters. Bengaluru lies at an altitude of 945m above sea level, at the centre of Southern India’s road and rail network, making it an ideal starting point for exploration around the country.