Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
As this vacancy has limited funding the maximum salary that can be offered is Grade 6, salary £27,924 (Prorated),
Summary of Role
• Work within specified research grants and/or projects.
• Operate within area of specialism.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• Collect research data by helping the PI to conduct research interviews with the Latin American communities of London and recruit interviewees/participants.
• Carry out administrative tasks related directly to the delivery of the research, including setting up online interviews, arranging payments to participants and helping the PI in transcribing the research interviews.
• Attend project meeting to distribute tasks and supervise activities.
• Analyse research data as directed.
• Develop or adapt techniques, models and methods if required.
• Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be assisting with research.
• Deal with problems that may affect the achievement of research objectives and deadlines.
• Promotes equality and values diversity acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive working culture.
• Degree (graduate or postgraduate) or equivalent in relevant subject area, or prior experience of academic collaboration (essential).
• Native or near-native competence in Spanish and all round competence in English with excellent interpersonal skills (essential).
• Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft applications (essential).
• Practical experience of applying the relevant skills and techniques (essential).
• Ability to analyse information and communicate effectively (essential).
• Ability to access and organise resources successfully (essential).
• Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day-to-day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly (essential).
• Membership of one of the local London Latin-American communities or previous collaborations or relevant personal/academic contacts with them (desirable).
• Some background in linguistics, including morphosyntax (desirable).
• Prior experience of transcribing interviews (desirable).
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Norma Schifano: email@example.com.