Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
School’s salary scale.
School housing may be available as part of this package.
Westover School is an all-girls boarding and day school, grades 9-12 where smart, motivated girls become confident, connected women. We are committed to providing a college preparatory education in a small community atmosphere that emphasizes student-adult interaction. Westover, through program and faculty, endeavors to develop in each student the confidence and strength to shape their own life.
We are EMPOWERING students to be themselves, to make their own choices, and to appreciate diversity, resulting in young adults who find lives of purpose and meaning, who understand they can make a difference, and who understand the power of relationships.
Westover School is seeking applicants for a full-time position of Spanish Instructor, beginning in late August 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The courses taught (4-5 sections) would include year-long Spanish courses from introductory to Level 5.
The ideal candidate is one who possesses a B.A. or an advanced degree in Spanish, has a track record as an outstanding teacher and trusted colleague, and has experience teaching in a language program.
Ability to coach is desirable, but not required.
Westover seeks teachers who:
- Champion the School’s mission, core values, and Vision for Belonging and Justice.
- Find joy and passion in working with and empowering young women.
- Demonstrate leadership, engagement in, and a commitment to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout their courses.
- Possess excellent writing, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and a strong work ethic.
- Support student-driven and student-choice learning while balancing authentic engagement, rigor, and social-emotional wellness as part of their teaching style.
- Are lifelong learners of their subject through professional development in the practice of language instruction and culturally-responsive pedagogies.
- Participate in the life of the School to support and serve the student body.
- Respond in a timely fashion with energy and empathy to the needs of students and families.
We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should address these aforementioned qualifications and skills in their cover letter in addition to providing a résumé and three references.